Monday, June 13, 2011

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definers are twist up, retractable, waterproof eyeliners that come in six beautiful shades most of which are just perfect for summer. These eyeliners pack a lot of pigment and the brighter shades especially, can turn any ordinary look into a sexy, bold one.


They come with a built-in smudger that I love to use with the darker shades especially along the lower lashline. Creates a casual, smokey look while in a hurry. I love when these kinda twist up pencils come with a sharpener. It helps with precise definition each time and keeps the tip hygienic.
Deep Ocean is a deep, dark blue with a metallic sheen. Looks great by itself by just smudging the color along the lower lashline.
Purple Shock is a bright, bluish purple that looks almost like fuchsia on my eyes. Very few skintones can carry off this color. Pretty shade, nevertheless.
Precious Gold is a metallic yellow gold that I like to use on my lower lashline with a dark smokey eye for some extra drama.
Emerald Sparkle is an awesome green with golden glitter. Just a trace of this along the lashline looks so summery and beautiful!
L-R : Purple Shock , Deep Ocean, Precious Gold, Emerald Sparkle
I would recommend using these only on the lashline and keeping it away from the waterline since all of them do contain quite a bit of shimmer. They go on pretty smooth on the upper lashline but, I did have to tug just a little bit along the lower lashline.They also set pretty fast which is good, but if you wan't to smudge, you gotta be quick! As far as the staying power goes, they stay on for about 5-6 hours and are definitely waterproof. I washed my face a couple of times, sans soap and they did not budge and needed a good eye makeup remover to get it all off.

If you love colorful, long wearing eye pencils that are priced amazingly well ($5.70), these are worth checking out.

What do you think of the Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definers? Have you tried them? What shades would you choose?

Disclosure: The products in this article were provided by PR for consideration. All opinions are my own. For more information please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful Review! I will have to pick one up in the purple & the greenish one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Tiffany! The green looks amazing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep :) & I've been wanting to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purple looks gorgeous! Great review hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Vintage Makeup! :) The purple is beautiful but against my skin tone, it does require quite a bit of effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like great stuff! I want to try them out.

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    *Check out my giveaway:
    http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. I've never tried this particular pencil before, but I have been a fan of colored eyeliners w/ the smudge tip in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review...I would love to try these

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Dinah - You must! They are well worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @JC - Thanks! I like pencils with smudge tips too! Let me know if you like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anon - Thanks! You should, they are nice :)

    ReplyDelete