Thursday, July 28, 2011

Boots No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion - A $12.99 Benefit High Beam Dupe!

I cannot express how happy I was when I discovered this fantastic dupe. I'm pretty sure everyone who loves makeup would have Benefit's High Beam on their wishlist. I always felt that gold, peachy highlighters were more flattering against my skin tone than the pink based ones. But, when I tried it on, I kinda like the way these high-lighters look against my skin tone and was even happier when I found an affordable alternative!
Boots No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion comes in a glass bottle with a pump that dispenses the perfect amount of product without any kind of wastage. It has the same texture and feel of High Beam and blends seamlessly without looking too shimmery. I love how it adds a beautiful glow without looking OTT. For $12.99, you get 30 ml of product that will last you a very, very long time. Use it alone or by mixing it with a tinted moisturizer or foundation for a soft, pearlescent, dewy glow! The only gripe I would say is the glass bottle that feels a little bulky to travel with.

In case you are wondering how the two shades compare, here is a swatch of both these side by side.

Left : Benefit High Beam, Right : Boots No7 High Lights

See any difference? I don't and if you don't want to commit to a full size($26) of High Beam or even a travel size (which is just a couple of bucks cheaper than High Lights), give this a try. I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!

Available at all Target stores and online at Target.com.

What do you think of Boots No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion?

18 comments:

  1. I agree, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...it seems to be an exact dupe! Good find Appu. I prefer the peachy highlighters too like Smashbox luminizing lotion in flash but this seems like a good one to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SAHB - Thanks! Gotta love these inexpensive dupes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Staci - Do try it & let me know if you like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Harshleen - Thanks :)I'm sure it'll look good on you. Give it a shot :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have highbeam, and I rarely use it. If you want a high end highlighter, just go for Girl Meets Pearl, really beautiful. High beam is just OK for me. so yeah no point spending $26, just get a cheaper dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cool to find a cheaper dupe for this. I once tried High Beam, but it was a tad too light for me. MAC Gold Deposit MSF is a better one for my NC42 skin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shivani - I know! I should try Girl Meets Pearl sometime. I also wanna try the Lorac Perfectly Lit illuminator. Been on my wishlist for a while now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chris - I should check out MAC Gold Deposit :)I love highlighters of any kind haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this an eye shadow?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this post earlier today and ended up buying High Lights just to try, because I've been wanting to learn how to contour and needed a highlighter. This stuff is great! It gives just the right amount of glow without being overpowering, I love it!

    To the comment above mine, it's technically a "lotion", but that just means you can really use it anywhere (eyes, cheeks, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily for clearing that up :D

      Delete
  13. Anyone know how this compares quality-wise? Does it move or wear off sooner or differently from High Beam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them to be the same! They both last around the same time on me & I have combi-dry skin :)

      Delete
  14. Ive never used anything like this before, as I keep my makeup very simple and light. I do however, really like the dewy fresh look. Would you use this all over, or just on cheeks/brows? How does it feel on your skin? I hate the heavy feeling that all over makeup has caused any time I have tried. Thanks in advance for your reply! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to use it all over, try mixing a drop with foundation/tinted moisturizer...that's what I do! If not, its perfect for the cheekbones, under the brows, etc...It feels weightless and like its barely there. Hope that helps!

      Delete