Thursday, September 8, 2011

ELF Studio Powder Brush

The ELF studio line has quite a lot of affordable, good quality brushes. The normal ELF dollar line does have a few duds here n there but the studio line has a lot of great picks to add to your collection. The flat top powder brush has been my favorite by far.

It is a flat top, dense brush made from synthetic hair and feels super soft against my skin. It is a little less dense than a regular kabuki brush and the handle is just the right size. Here's what you can use this brush for:

  • Liquid/Cream foundation - It does sheer out the color a little but, I love the overall finish.
  • Great for buffing in any pressed powder.
  • A little dusting of loose powder with this completes and sets makeup.


Elf recommends using this even for blush application but, I haven't tried it myself. It picks up the perfect amount of product and deposits color so well at the same time, blending liquid products flawlessly! My brush has gone through a lot of washing and there's been no shedding or bleeding. It does take a long time to dry though.

Overall, it is an amazing brush to own considering the fabulous $3 price tag!

Available at all Target stores and online at eyeslipsface.com.

17 comments:

  1. I wish I picked this up now! =( It was in my cart but i took it out last minute. wahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this brush and it's my daily foundation and powder brush- LOVE IT! i dot the liquid around my face then gently buff in with this in circular motions and it really does give a flawless finish :) such a bargain!

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  3. The handle of this brush broke off, but it's even better that way! You have way more control when it's shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i want this. I don't know if I will use it for blush, but I have been looking for some new powder brushes. This might do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @D.Sadie - Ah! Pick it up next time for sure. It's well worth the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Theothersideofcool - I know! I never knew how amazing it was until I tried it myself. So many people rave about this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Alex - haha! Kinda like a mini kabuki :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Chris - You'll love it. With how inexpensive it is, you can even have 5 in your kit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this and think it's brilliant, especially for liquid foundation. A great brush for a great price :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so right, Joy! Love the price :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant wait to get my elf brushes, I ordered the entire studio brush set. Ive heard so many good reviews on this product and maybe this would be great for contouring. Btw I really like your blog. Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sidrah - Thanks! The studio brushes are great quality. I'm sure you'll love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ordered this brush a few days ago, can't wait to get it in the mail and try it out! I've read so much good about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Llama - Yay...let me know how you like it. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have tried other brushes from E.L.F, but this one looks great! Have you tried Crown brushes before?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great pick, Kendra! No, I haven't tried Crown brushes :)

    ReplyDelete