Saturday, December 31, 2011

Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Peel & Reveal Dermal Resurfacer

Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Peel & Reveal Dermal Resurfacer($58) is an intensive resurfacing treatment that claims to polish, refine and texturize skin. This dermal resurfacer, comparable to clinical treatments, peels with alpha hydroxy acid, exfoliates with pumpkin enzyme and polishes with aluminum oxide crystals.

I absolutely love the scent of this exfoliator. It was released during fall and has the most amazing, warm pumpkin pie like scent. The texture feels gritty, in a non-scratchy way. I like to use this not more than twice a week. To use, I apply a small amount all over my face, leave it on for a while and wash off, buffing away the beads. Since I have sensitive skin, I leave it on for about 5-7 minutes. If you don't have very sensitive skin, you may leave it on longer. There was a slight stinging sensation the first time alone.

More than anything else, I love the way it gets rid of dry, flaky skin around my mouth and cheeks. I've been using this for more than a month, twice weekly now. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, not stretchy at all. It also brightens up dull skin, making it look more radiant. Although it doesn't dry my skin like a lot of exfoliators, I still follow up with a serum or moisturizer every time. The price makes it an expensive buy which is one of the biggest cons. Also, people with very oily, acne prone skin may find this a little too strong.

Overall, if you have dry skin or aging skin, this is a very good pick for polishing skin and buffing away the flaky bits. After a few uses, skin looks more refined with less dry spots. You may need to exercise caution if you have a lot of breakouts and extremely sensitive skin. Other than that, it is a fantastic product and one of the best, powerful exfoliators I've tried so far.

Available at Sephora stores and online at sephora.com.

What are your thoughts on the Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Peel & Reveal Dermal Resurfacer?

Disclosure: The products in this article were provided by PR for consideration. All opinions are my own. For more information please refer to my Disclosure Policy.


2 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of this a lot! Will look for it when my current one runs out.
    Happy New Year Appu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! A very happy new year to you too! :) You'll love this one, definitely give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete