Monday, February 6, 2012

Stila Spring 2012 - Jewel Eyeshadow in Black Diamond

Stila Jewel Eye Shadow in Black Diamond($20) is a super shimmery, blackened charcoal, part of Stila's Spring 2012 collection. Black Diamond is absolutely perfect for dark & dramatic smokey eyes. The Jewel Eye Shadows can be use wet or dry, depending on how intense you like them.








The shimmer in this shadow looks stunning and there's quite a bit of it too. For a quick and easy smokey eye, just pat a good layer of the shadow with a flat stiff brush, blending out the edges. Finish off with a jet black liner on the waterline, smudged onto the lash line, with loads of mascara. For a sheer wash, I like to use a brush like the MAC 217 that picks up the right amount of product and blends it beautifully. The texture of the eye shadow is very soft, nicely pigmented and super blendable. There's quite a bit of glitter fall out especially when blending out the color which makes the job quite messy. Without a primer, the eye shadow tends to crease leaving the glitter behind so, I'd recommend a good primer that also helps keep the shimmer in place.
Stila Black Diamond Jewel Eyeshadow used dry with MAC Kohl Power in Feline on the lower lash line and Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

Overall, Black Diamond makes for a great lid color that quickly creates a bold smokey eye with ease. The glitter fall out needs quite a bit of clean up which is something I'm not very fond of. When used with a good primer, the color looks very intense, perfect for a night out. Keep everything else simple by pairing it with a nude pink lipstick and a matte peachy blush!

What are your thoughts on the Stila Jewel Eyeshadow in Black Diamond?

Disclosure: The products in this article were provided by PR for consideration. All opinions are my own. For more information please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering about these and keep looking at them in Sephora, but I hate glitter fallout a lot. But they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour looks incredible, but I'm with @Tracy: if the glitter fallout is anything like the Urban Decay eyeshadows, I'm staying away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is glitter fallout but not so much as UD's shadows! A tad lesser, I must say. I would still do my face routine afterwards :)

      Delete