Monday, April 16, 2012

Budget Beauty - Five Picks From Essence I'm Currently Loving!

If brights are not your thing, some of these soft pinks and nudes are great ways to add a subtle hint of color. With just a little over $9, these affordable products from Essence Cosmetics are some of my picks worth trying without breaking the bank.



XXXL Nudes Lip Gloss in Pure Beauty ($1.99) - A sheer, shimmery nude gloss with loads of shine. The gloss has a thin wand that deposits color well and has a slight caramel smell. I like to wear it over a pink or nude lipstick like MAC's Hug Me, than by itself.







Color & Go Nail Polish in Sweet As Candy ($0.99) -  Sheer, creamy pink that is opaque in three coats. The color is very soft, beautiful and perfect for the work environment. These nail polishes have a nice formula and they are big 3-free.






Silky Touch Blushes in Natural Beauty and Adorable ($2.49each) - These blushes are sheer and come with very little shimmer. Natural Beauty is a sheer bronzy nude and Adorable is a light rosy pink. Natural Beauty is my favourite among the two but, if you like pinks more than rosy nudes, Adorable is a great one to try. They do have quite a bit of fallout though. They layer well over cream blushes and stay put for about 5 hours over a primer.

L-R : Adorable, Natural Beauty


L-R : Adorable, Natural Beauty


Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black Fever ($1.99) - I've always had trouble finding long-lasting eyeliners from the drugstore that don't sting my waterline. This one is very creamy & dark and stays put for more than 5 hours on my waterline without irritating my eyes. It sets pretty quickly so, be sure to smudge it out soon if you are going for a soft look. Love this eyeliner and not having to sharpen it makes it so much easier to tote around.





Have you tried any of these products from Essence?

Disclosure: The products in this article were provided by PR for consideration. All opinions are my own. For more information please refer to my Disclosure Policy. 

6 comments:

  1. I love Essence - they're one of my favorite brands! I'm more into the brights though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a neutrals gal but, I do like brights once in a while :D

      Delete
  2. I really REALLY like the nail color! Such a nice baby pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite sheer but very soft n girly! :)

      Delete
  3. The pencil is so droolworthy! I wish essence cosmetics were available in india :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! They have some cute stuff :)

      Delete