Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lancôme Rouge in Love Lipsticks in 307 Sweet Embrace, 275 Jolie Rosalie

Lancome's Rouge in Love Lipsticks($25) come in 21 shades, categorized into three collections, wearable during different times of the day. These lipsticks claim to have high-intensity color with a feather light feel.


L-R : 307 Sweet Embrace, 275 Jolie Rosalie



I got to try out two shades, 275 Jolie Rosalie, a deep berry mauve and 307 Sweet Embrace, a nude beigey pink. I love the packaging, the stunning silver tube that you can tuck away even into the tiniest of purses. The lipsticks have a very smooth texture and glide on so well. Both shades are very pigmented and deposit a lot of color in just one swipe. 275 Jolie Rosalie went on smooth & even on bare lips and I did not have any issues with dryness either. Not an everyday color but, it is absolutely stunning and very flattering on my skin tone. Medium-dark skin tones will love this gorgeous berry. 307 Sweet Embrace has a lot of pigment but, needs good lip balm else it tends to enhance lip dryness quite a bit. It also washes me out when worn on its own so, I usually pair it with a lip gloss on top. It is a nice shade to pair with a killer smokey eye. Both lipsticks have a slight glossy, moist finish which I love.

Top to Bottom : 307 Sweet Embrace, 275 Jolie Rosalie

Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick in 275 Jolie Rosalie

Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick in 307 Sweet Embrace


The lasting power is about 3 hours on me after which it starts to fade evenly without being too patchy. My only gripe would be the smell, similar to what the L'Oreal Color Riche lipsticks have which I'm not very fond of. It takes about 15 mins to completely disappear. Other than that, these lipsticks feel very creamy yet, absolutely weightless and totally live up to what they claim. They feel comfortable and don't bleed or migrate even without a lip liner on.

What are your thoughts on Lancome's Rouge in Love Lipstick?

Disclosure: The products in this article were provided by PR for consideration. All opinions are my own. For more information please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

12 comments:

  1. I like these lipsticks-they are very nice! I love the Jolie Rosalie on you! So pretty! Sweet Embrace is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is really nice! The smell is a little too strong for me though :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a great shade. Will look lovely on most Indian skintones :)

      Delete
  3. Both are fantastic colors! :) the 2nd one is one of those everyday colors for the day and the first is perfect for the evening :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I love them too. Agree with you, Jolie Rosalie is perfect for the evening :)

      Delete
  4. Jolie Rosalie is so perfect...suits you well too..In fact I liked it much better on you than the other one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Jolie Rosalie better too! Such a pretty color for our skin tones no?

      Delete
    2. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS LIPSTICK.. I USE 322..not sure of the name... kind of a soft pink/coral. It is so smooth and lasts!

      Delete
    3. Oh that's good to know. Yeah it goes on pretty smooth :)

      Delete
  5. I just bought Jolie Rosalie as well! It looks great on you. :)
    Did you put a lip gloss on top of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,

      Nope, just wearing it on it's own :D

      Delete