Friday, January 11, 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Made-It Mauve

Maybelline's new Color Whisper Lipstick ($7.49) is my new favorite winter lipstick! It comes in 20 different shades. I picked up Made-It Mauve, which is more of a sheer berry pink than a mauve, that is among the darker shades in the range.





The packaging is really nice, almost like a sleeker version of the Colorsensational Lipsticks. The Color Whisper lipsticks are formulated without heavy waxes or oils and they are indeed very lightweight and nourishing. The color is quite sheer, but very buildable and quite glossy. The texture feels amazingly smooth and glides even on dry, chapped lips. The staying power is about 2 hours, but that's expected of any sheer, balmy lip product. I quite prefer the Maybelline Color Whispers to the Revlon Lip Butters since they aren't overly squishy to deal with and feel far more comfortable and moisturizing.




Overall, I absolutely love the Color Whisper Lipstick by Maybelline and it definitely is worth a pick up. I can't speak for the other shades in the range, but Made-It Mauve isn't overly sheer and has the right amount of pigment to just even out pigmented lips by adding a lovely wash of color. The lighter feel and comfortable formula makes it a year round pick for me. I definitely will be going back for more!

Have you tried the Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Made-It Mauve?

10 comments:

  1. I really like this one! I'll have to pick this one up next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! What other colors did you pick up?

      Delete
  2. Great choice! Love the colour. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous on you! I wasn't sure which color to get, because I hadn't seen any swatches yet. Now I know I'll get this one, Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lovely color if you like soft pinks! :)

      Delete
  4. That a lovely colour lipstick, sadly i can't wear lipstick but it look good on you. xx

    www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope these Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks are released int he UK. They are so pretty and the colour range is fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color range is really nice! I hope they launch soon :)

      Delete