Friday, April 26, 2013

L'Ete Papillon de Chanel Summer 2013 Collection - Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lip Shine in Pygmalion

Pygmalion ($34) is one of two limited-edition Rouge Coco Shines, part of the L'Ete Papillon de Chanel Summer 2013 Makeup Collection. Pygmalion, looks like a bright, coral red in the tube, but goes on a little more pink on my lips. The color looks juicy & fresh with just the right hint of color for a sheer lipstick.

L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON DE CHANEL Summer 2013 Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion

L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON DE CHANEL Summer 2013 Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion Review, Photos & Swatches

L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON DE CHANEL Summer 2013 Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion



The packaging is simple, yet gorgeous. There's a slight hint of a floral scent from the lipstick that dissipates quickly. As for the color, Pygmalion is just my kinda color - I would wear it all through the year since it is just so effortless and easy. I don't have a problem with the sheerness of it either. In fact, I prefer sheer, glossy lipsticks over full coverage lipsticks any day. The formula is neither too hydrating, nor drying. I have pretty dry lips to start with and since there's a certain slip to the lipstick, I skipped a lip balm, but it did cling onto certain dry areas of my lips, so I'd recommend exfoliating well before. Like with any other sheer lipstick/lip shine, I got just over a couple of hours wear from this one. Although sheer, I was surprised to see that Pygmalion left behind a soft stain on my pigmented lips.

L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON DE CHANEL Summer 2013 Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion

L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON DE CHANEL Summer 2013 Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion Ingredients



Pygmalion may not be the most unique color out there (see comparisons below), but it sure is gorgeous. I love the light weight feel and the comfortable texture of this one. It is limited edition and definitely worth a pick up from the collection!

L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON DE CHANEL Summer 2013 Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion Swatches

L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON DE CHANEL Summer 2013 Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion Comparisons, Dupes
L-R : Burberry Lip Mist in Stormy Pink (most pigmented, more red); Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion; MAC See Sheer ( a little more pigmented, more coral)

Pygmalion - 2 swipes




What are your thoughts on the Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion from the L'Ete Papillon de Chanel Summer 2013 Collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment