Monday, July 28, 2014

Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in Nubile

Tom Ford's Lip Color in Shine in Nubile ($50; shop.nordstrom.com), is a sheer, rosy brown, a fabulous nude that I love to pair with a stronger/smokey eye. The Lip Shine range features sheer, balmy, moderately pigmented lipsticks with a slight glossy finish, which seemed like something I'd reach out to a lot more than a fully pigmented lipstick.



Nubile looks and swatches like a gorgeous rosy brown, but goes on much lighter on my pigmented lips. The texture is smooth, creamy and feels comfortable & hydrating on the lips. It can melt a bit in the summer though, so I wouldn't leave it any place warm. The packaging is beautifully classy and very sleek. Compared to some other sheer-ish lipsticks formulas, like the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines and the YSL Rouge Volupte Shines or the YSL Sheer Candy Balms, this one feels a little more heavy and slick. Its also a little more glossy compared to the Burberry Lip Mists, but on the lips, YSL's versions look equally glossy. Nubile does have a little bit of very finely scattered shimmer, but nothing gritty and most importantly, nothing is left behind once the color fades.







Like most sheer lipsticks, I get about 2-3 hours of wear time and my lips don't feel dry after. As to whether it is worth the $50, depends on how much use you'd get out of the color. As for me, I would rather wear a nude or a sheer pink much more than I would wear a Red, so Nubile is something I would get a lot of use out of. The color borders on washing me out just a tad, so I much prefer pairing it with a smokey eye or at least with quite a bit of kohl smudged along the lash and waterline. The Lip Shines also have a slight vanilla scent which I quite like. Color wise, Nubile is a tad similar to YSL's Rouge Volupte Shine in Nude in Private when swatched, but they look very different on my lips - YSL's is a little more wearable on me. Formula wise though, I prefer Tom Ford's version a little more.




What do you think of Tom Ford's Lip Color Shine in Nubile?

No comments:

Post a Comment