Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Trio

Bumble and Bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil ($30 for a travel kit; sephora.com) line now has three new additions - a Sulfate-free Shampoo, a Conditioner and a Heat/UV Protective Primer. I picked up the travel size version of the kit at Sephora a while back. I was most interested to try out the sulfate-free shampoo, but ended up loving the primer instead.





The travel sizes are pretty decent and have lasted me quite sometime now. I wash my hair every other day and still have a good amount of product left. All three products smell amazing and its a strong, coconutty, sweet scent that lingers on for a bit. The Shampoo is quite thick and I only needed a small amount for my hair. It lathers really well for a sulfate-free formula and washes off clean. It does leave my hair very tangled though, so I did have to follow up with the conditioner every single time. The Conditioner is light, so I need more product than usual. It doesn't have too much of a slip, but manages to smoothen and de-tangle to an extent. The first few uses I found the shampoo to be quite light, but it does build up overtime and can make scalp look a bit greasy if you don't use a clarifying shampoo once in a while. If you have very dry, rough hair though, you'll love the richer formula of this one. On the plus side, it does control a lot of frizz and leaves my natural curls looking pretty tamed.





The Heat/UV Protective Primer is my favorite product from the kit. Its a light spray that instantly detangles and leaves hair feeling  super smooth and frizz-free after a blow dry. It also helps speed up blow drying time just a tad and doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all. It works just as well when you air dry as it does with the help of a dryer. Of the three products, I would definitely recommend trying the Heat/UV Protective Primer and would consider getting a full size when I'm done. The shampoo is nice too, but definitely needs a clarifying shampoo once a week to be followed up with. The conditioner is just okay, not bad, but not a must-have.




Have you tried anything from the Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil line yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment