Sunday, August 28, 2011

Gold and Plum EOTD

It's a rather simple look with one of my favorite combos. After priming with UDPP, I used a gold eye shadow from a Maybelline quad on the inner half of the lid, up to the crease. A sheer plum shade like MAC Plum Dressing (which is more purple but, looks plummy on my lids) on the crease and a little bit on the outer corner. I say sheer because a more deeper shade of plum in the crease can make you look tired especially, if it has pink undertones.

Taken Indoor
Taken Outdoor. Sorry about that weird strand of hair!
Lining your eyes is optional but I did it anyways using Palladio eye ink in Black on the upper lash line and MAC Technakohl Liner in Photogravure on the waterline. Don't forget to add lots of mascara! I used Prestige My Blackest Lashes Intense Volume Mascara in Blackest Black.

I would pair this with a sheer pink blush and peachy/nude lips.

What would you pair this with?

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Love this combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Tracy! Works well with so many skin tones :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these simple combos - so much easier to do and looks nice :) :) I would pair it just the way you suggested - keep everything simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Such a great combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks *so pretty*. Love the blending!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I love the subtlety!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rads - Me Too! I love simple looks too & this takes only about 5 or 10 mins max :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @AOYV - Thanks! Quite versatile too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Vijii - Thank you! Would look awesome on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Scarlett - Thanks! Something that I can easily wear outside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Poorni - Thank you! :) So glad you like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! It looks beautiful on you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really really pretty! Love the black eyeliner, goes so well with the shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Su - Thanks! I can never complete a look without black eyeliner :)

    ReplyDelete