Thursday, November 17, 2011

MAC Technakohl Liner in Auto-de-Blu - Review, Photos & Swatches

Auto-de-blu($15) can be described as a dark, matte blue that works well with most eye colors. I like to use it along my lower lash line. I won't say MAC Technakohl liners are the softest when it comes to lining my upper lash line. But, they work really well on my lower lash line and adhere well to my waterline too.

I do however like the staying power of these liners. Auto-de-blu stays on for about 4-5 hours and does not smudge all over the place. It works well as a base for certain eye shadows too. It takes a while to set which is great if you want to smudge it out.
Auto-de-blue is one liner that actually looks blue on me considering most dark blue liners actually look almost black on me. I like to smudge this along my lower lash line for a lovely pop of color. The twist up form is very convenient and the formula does not irritate or sting my eyes even when used on the waterline.
If any of you own Siahi fluidline from the Mickey Contractor for MAC collection, please let me know how this compares to that. I've been looking for something that looks like Siahi.


For a daily matte brown eyeliner, check out Photogravure.

What are your thoughts on MAC Technakohl Liner in Auto-de-blu?

18 comments:

  1. Nice shade!! I don't use colored eyeliner on my waterline but would love to use this one on upper lash line n smudge it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great for that! It is waterline safe too, in case you wanna use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is probably my favourite navy blue liner. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it'll look amazing on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always looking for something that is good on the water liner. I'll have to check this out (once I use my other liners)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good Appu..I have never tried technakohl liners..They have sort of mixed reviews no?

    And it looks similar to Siahi...but i dont have the pot with me right now..will check and tell u by evening..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely shade
    http://saharawans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I've never tried these, but they are tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Staci - Do check it out...it's a great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Poorni - Yeah, they have mixed reviews but I think these are quite good esp for the waterline :) And let me know how similar it is to Siahi :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sahar - It is! Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Larie - They are pretty good! They don't "glide" as much as the UD ones but definitely worth a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is going on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, get it for sure. You'll love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. This seems a little darker/deeper than Siahi..though very very very close..and I guess the formula is different so that might make the swatches look different.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh really? Yeah, Siahi is also a lil smoother since it's a gel liner...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Appu :) Have you considered getting Midnight Blues fluidline? It's almost as close to Siahi. MUFE's #12L is also supposedly similar to Siahi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Fieran, how r u? No, I haven't tried or swatched Midnight Blues. Will check it out next time I'm at MAC :) And MUFE too, when I go to Sephora. Maybe I should have just got Siahi through ebay or something. I keep looking for dupes here n there! Thanks for the recs :D

    ReplyDelete